This yummy Chocolate Traybake is quick and easy to make. It makes a great option as a pudding, accompanied with ice cream/whipped cream and a couple of strawberries. Equally, this with a glass of cold milk, lovely! The following recipe makes about 12 portions.
- 150g (5oz) self-raising flour
- 1 rounded teaspoon of baking powder
- 125g (4oz) caster sugar
- 125g (4oz) unsalted spreadable butter
- 3 medium eggs
- 35g (1oz) cocoa powder
- 35g (10z) chocolate (optional)
1. Get your oven ready for some baking and pop it on at Gas mark 4/180C. Prepare a baking tin. (I used one which was 18 x 28cm).
2. In a large bowl sift all the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, sugar, cocoa powder. Give it a good mix.
3. Now add in your eggs and butter and whisk everything together until it is blended nicely. You will find adding a little milk or water helps to moisten the mixture.
4. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin. Ensure that you spread the mixture evenly in the tin to ensure it all cooks the same.
5. Chop up your chocolate bar and sprinkle the pieces on top of the evenly spread mixture.
6. Place in the oven for about 30 minutes. The traybake should be springy to touch or if you insert a toothpick into the centre of the cake, it should come out clean, with no streaks of mixture.
7. Leave the traybake to cool for about 15 minutes and then cut into slices with a sharp knife.
This traybake would be yummy topped with a chocolate ganache.